Tuesday, July 30, 2019

HEADER COLLECTION

     There is a much earlier post titled "Headers" where I decided to collect all the blog headers that I have made over the years but for whatever reason I only included one photo. Now, as I'm changing the header once again I wanted to go back and see all the old ones. I was thinking they were collected in that older post. It's irritating to be let down. It's especially infuriating when you're the cause of it all! So... I went through all my old folders and hard drives looking for as many old headers as I could find. I found ten. That seems a small amount to me because making the "cover" is always the most fun and I can't imagine that I don't do it more often. Two of these ten may not actually have ever been used. I can't remember now and since I'm completely rubbish at keeping up with this thing, no one will ever know. 

A Norfolk Southern empty train works its way south along Route 7. I chased the train for a while from Steubenville, down towards Martins Ferry. 

This might just be my favorite photo of Ruby that I've made. We were on our way to play at a park in Steubenville and as we got out of the car I gave her my sunglasses because it was so bright. I see so much of myself in her eyes. Can a knitted brow be genetic?

One year old Lucy holds onto her Momma. We are at Mimi and Pops house in  Cadiz, OH.

I'm just guessing at this point, but this is probably my train after getting off at Crestline, OH. Not at all a great photo but I surely took it because foreign units aren't all that common on our subdivision. 

This is a photo from the model railroad club in my hometown of Coshocton, OH. The three locomotives definitely belong to my Dad as well as most (if not all) of the autoracks being pulled behind them. For as long as I can remember, my Dad has spent every Friday night with his hobby.

This is one of the headers that I'm not sure I ever used...

...and this is the other one.

Hotel life. On occasion I screw my determination up high enough to bring all my gear with me when I go to work. Once I get to the hotel it's another internal battle to set it all up and actually produce something. This image was taken in Findlay, OH. It was a Super8 hotel room I think. Digital and analog tools for writing and mark making are contrasted with my well worn railroad boots.

This is the old railroad depot near my childhood home in Coshocton, OH. It has since been torn down. Dad told me that this building was only one of few that had remained from a very old narrow gauge line that ran through Coshocton.

No comments:

Post a Comment