Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Windows West

I want so badly to get my Lubitel out on the road. How much fun would that old unpredictable plastic lens be? I never worried about specifics when I shot with that camera. Get the exposure close and hope for the best. Focus? Seriously? With a Lubitel? That sort of went against the whole point of using a Russian made "toy" camera. With that camera I was always trying to photograph a memory, or capture a feeling, or illustrate a mood. It gave me an opportunity to bypass photography's more technical aspects and consider the content of my images instead of the technique. And of all my cameras, my Lubitel is still one of my favorites. These next few images remind me in some ways of my time with the Lubitel, in that while being restricted by the technical aspects of the camera, an interesting image will almost always find its way through the view finder of someone willing to look for it.

"West at Night" near Freindsville, OH. 2010, digital image. Photo by - Anonymous

"Westbound at Sunset" near Creston, OH. 2010, digital image. Photo by - Anonymous

"Overhead Bridge" westbound at Sullivan, OH. 2010, digital image. Photo by - Anonymous

"State Line at Sunrise" just east of Lowellville, OH. 2010, digital image. Photo by - Anonymous


"Nova Tower" Nova Tower looking West, 2010, digital image. Photo by - Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment